Tuesday, October 6

A Few Loosely Connected Paragraphs

Today I am 16 weeks pregnant. All the books tell me that sometime between 16 and 20 weeks is when I should start to feel the baby moving. I am so looking forward to that. Sometimes, as I’m lounging on the couch or laying in bed, I try to focus on the way I feel, like maybe I could feel something if I were only paying attention. It hasn’t worked so far, and I’m guessing that the first moment I feel movement will completely catch me off guard. I hope I feel something before our sonogram. It seems like it would be nice to be able to feel tiny movements while seeing the same movements on the screen. Like rumble seats in the theater.

An update on maternity pants: I do love the elastic, comfy waistband, but I hate how these pants keep falling down. I’m constantly hiking them up. Can someone please tell me if this will improve as my waistline expands, or if it will continue to annoy me for the next 5 and a half months?

While getting dressed this morning, I realized that I should probably think about buying a few maternity shirts. Or at least wash the two I already have. I was fortunate enough to borrow a handful of tops from Lindsay, but since I haven’t cleaned out my closet yet, those shirts are still in the storage bin they came in. Note to self: must box up too-small or soon-to-be-too-small clothes asap.

I stopped by the grocery store on my way home yesterday to pick up milk and apples. And then I decided to get some hummus and a salad to eat for dinner. And then the Double Stuf Oreos caught my eye. So of course I bought them.

Tonight I have a personal training session. I’m curious to see how my workouts start to change as I start to change. I’m already to the point where I’m not supposed to do any more exercises while lying on my back, like chest flies. Should be exhausting. But my favorite part of the evening will be my 3M’s conference call with Emily and Molly. And the Double Stuf Oreos, of course.

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

A pint of haagen daz a day did it for me—pretty soon those maternity pants were staying up just fine. I may still have my Jane Fonda pregnancy workout book if you're interested.

Emoly said...

I find that I feel Fetus more often when I sit too close to my desk. This probably means Fetus is getting smushed and is poking me to complain, but I don't think it's doing any longterm damage...;-)

katy said...

oh my goodness have you been introduced to the motherhood maternity "secret fit" belly pants?! if not by all means run, don't walk to the nearest store and buy them. you will love them like you have never loved a pair of pants. they are so comfortable i would wear them now if it weren't embarrassing to wear maternity pants after your babies are a year old :) and they won't fall down. and oh, did i mention they're comfortable? oh yeah i did. go get some!