Monday, August 14

Not a Baby

Olive starts kindergarten tomorrow. 


You guys, I'm sort of freaking out.

I've been looking forward to both kids heading off to school for the last three weeks. And now that it's finally happening, I'm a mess. I just keep thinking about how big she's getting, and how much I'll miss her. How can this little kid be old enough to go to school?

Olive and I spent a lot of time together, just the two of us, over the last couple of years. Milo was in school all day, and Olive only went to preschool a few mornings a week. That left lots of time for lunchtime conversations, board games, walks to the park, cake videos, art projects, and reading rainbow fairies books on the couch. She's been my little sidekick since I left my job, and I'm seriously going to miss her.

My neighbor, whose youngest child is Milo's age, told me something a couple years ago that I haven't forgotten. As we dropped off our kids (my oldest, her youngest), at kindergarten and I wiped away tears, she said, "Just wait til Olive starts kindergarten. You'll be way more emotional." I rolled my eyes, thinking that by then I'd be so ready for it. And literally until a few days ago, I still believed she was wrong. And suddenly, I know she was so very right. 







No comments: