Tuesday, May 13

Top Fives

Well. Courtney included me on her list of five people whose top five lists she would like to see. And since I’ve never done one of these memes before, I thought I would. Also, I don’t have anything else to write about (except that I have episcleritis, but who wants to hear about that, anyway?). So here you go. Enjoy.

1. 5 things under $5 that I couldn’t live without

  • hand lotion (I’m a little OCD about wanting to lotion my hands after washing them.)
  • Crest Whitening Plus Scope Cool Peppermint Paste
  • mocha lattes
  • sunscreen
  • a bottle of Modelo Especial when we eat at our favorite (or at least closest) Mexican restaurant

2. 5 favorite movies
  • What’s Up Doc?
  • Clueless
  • Casablanca
  • Bringing Up Baby (who knew Courtney and I would have two overlapping movies?)
  • Little Miss Sunshine

3. 5 baby names I love
  • Zoe
  • Olivia
  • Oliver (but obviously I wouldn't have an Olivia and an Oliver—it’s either/or, people)
  • Megan
  • Megan (okay, so I ran out of names there at the end)

4. 5 songs I could listen to over and over again

  • The Luckiest by Ben Folds
  • In My Life by the Beatles
  • These Words by Natasha Bedingfield
  • Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge (but only when Andrew and I belt it out together)(yeah, we really do that)
  • Don’t Ask Me by OK Go

5. 5 people who have influenced me in a positive way

  • Andrew (I eat Thai food because of him)
  • Amalah (I’m a better writer because of her)
  • Ron Clemons (Partly due to his encouragement, I became an editor)
  • Emily (She bought me my first beer—okay, fine. it was a wine cooler)
  • Lindsay Lohan (I never wear panties anymore)

6. 5 things that are always in my purse

  • coffee shop punch cards
  • old receipts
  • my camera
  • Gary, my tiny purse cat
  • hott guys’ numbers

7. 5 moments that changed my life forever

  • getting my braces off in the 9th grade
  • getting my first love letter
  • saying yes when Andrew asked me to go out with him after we had already broken up twice
  • accepting a job at Cardoza Publishing
  • seeing Ross and Rachel finally get together—true love really does exist!

8. 5 obsessions I have now

  • American Idol
  • blogging
  • Zappos
  • finding good outdoor light fixtures
  • not getting sunburned/preventing skin cancer

9. 5 places I would like to go

  • France (especially Paris)
  • Australia (especially Sydney)
  • Morocco
  • Dubai
  • ItalyIrelandEnglandSpainetc.

10. 5 appliances or kitchen tools I cannot live without

  • the big, sharp, choppy chop knife
  • food processor
  • refrigerator
  • microwave
  • garlic peeler

11. 5 people whose top fives I would like to see

2 comments:

Emoly said...

It was hard lemonade--I would hardly call that a wine cooler. Ok, maybe it's a wine cooler--but there's no wine in it, so how does that work?

Kenton said...

I was going to write something funny, but then I saw that the only other blog comment was from my wife. Now I can't comment. Shit I think I just did. Its like we don't have jobs.