Thursday, February 26

Noteworthy Thursday #11

For this Noteworthy Thursday, I give you a petition. This is just one of many petitions we made. As you can see at the top, the undersigned believe that Adam is wrong.

There are actual names of my classmates here (cross your fingers that some of them will be famous someday!), but there are also a handful of questionable names. A few of my favorites: Tin Woodsman, Ben Dover, May Dup, Loren Order, Mary Tyler Moore, Kermit the Frog, Socrates, Superman, Oliver Clothesoff, Dick Van Dyke, Lorena Bobbitt, Jimmy Hoffa, Chelsea Clinton, Paddington Bear, Madonna, Cindy Brady (and the entire Brady clan), and Big Bird.

A few of the actual signatures I recognize include my dad and my sister. I can’t believe I got them to sign this, because I seriously doubt they knew who Adam was, much less why he was wrong.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I think it is amazing that you saved this. Truly an invaluable piece of ephemera from our youth. Do you know what's sad, of all the afternoons of being a kid, I distinctly remember the afternoon that we asked everyone on bus 350 to sign it. Remember how excited we were when a certain you-know-who opted in?