Tuesday, March 10

In Praise of the Bullet Point

I seem to have forgotten how to write a cohesive narrative. Hence:

  • The tulips I planted last fall are starting to come up. So cute! But—I’m worried about them freezing. It’s supposed to be in the low 20s in the next few days. Hold on, pretty tulips!
  • Andrew and I started a band. We call ourselves The Langs. My stage name is Meggs and his is Dru. We rock pretty hard.
  • Andrew convinced me that it was time to purchase Rock Band 2.
  • My friends Stephanie and Lindsey started doing small group personal training with me. It’s pretty awesome, because I pay half as much yet get the same amount of attention, and my trainer actually makes 50 percent more. It’s a win-win all around.
  • I’m going on a date with my dad tonight and I’m really looking forward to it. There’s a Hitchcock film series playing at a local arts theater, so we’re going to see “To Catch a Thief.” My dad loves Cary Grant, so I grew up watching classics like “Bringing Up Baby,” “Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House,” and “Operation Petticoat.” But I haven’t seen “To Catch a Thief,” so this should be a lot of fun.
  • I pretty much hate Daylight Saving Time. Except for that whole staying-light-later-at-night thing, that is.
  • We totally forgot Daylight Saving Time—until we were woken at 6:45am with a call from my FIL, saying he was on his way over. And of course, it was actually 7:45 (which is still too damn early).
  • I love spring thunderstorms.
  • I prepared our taxes this weekend. Blehhhhhhh. Why do they have to be so complicated? And why do we owe so much money?
  • American Idol is disappointing me this year. But will I quit watching it? Probably not. Okay, definitely not.
  • At work, it is Trend Week. That means that every day there are presentations and speakers that have to do with upcoming trends. This year’s theme is 200-Mile Radius. Or something like that. And yesterday we were given a “new” term: locavore. Thanks, work, but I’m pretty sure I heard that term, like, two years ago.
  • I still like Trend Week.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm not getting how "200 mile radius" applies to your company. Should I make sure I buy all my cards within 200 miles of my home? Perhaps I should only send cards to those within 200 miles? Or maybe I should only let Austin try to eat cards made within 200 miles?

So many questions. :)

Stephanie said...

So when can I schedule my personal concert with "The Langs?"