Tuesday, November 9

The Weight Is Over (see what I did there?)

I'm officially back to my pre-pregnancy weight. It only took seven and a half months to get there, but here I am. And yet, though it is so expected, I'm still surprised by how different my body is.

My belly is distinctly rounder and squishier than it used to be. No amount of sucking in really makes it go away. My boobs are way bigger than they were pre-baby, thankyouverymuch, breastfeeding. But because of the exercise (thank you, personal training), my buns and thighs and arms are more toned than they ever have been. I'm no Jillian Michaels, but it's a start.

Of course, I'm not yet at the finish line, weight loss-wise. I gained a lot of weight when we were trying to conceive, because I was frustrated and upset, and I'm an emotionally eater. So I still have about 15 pounds to go before I get to where I'd like to be. Shouldn't be too hard, right? It's not like we're heading into that time of year when there are cookies and pies and pastries at Every. Single. Turn.

Oh. Wait. Damn . . .

5 comments:

Emoly said...

Congrats! I think you look beautiful in any shape though.

Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so proud of you! And very, very impressed.

A couple of things:
1. I am now approximately 1.2 miles from the Complete Body studio! We should definitely figure out our a** kicking sessions. (I could even walk there as a warm up! Or not.)

2. I would like to join you on your quest to lose 15 lbs. This new job could be really good for me. I'm all full of adrenaline and excitement that I forget about eating... but the treat spot is right outside my office, which is very dangerous.

Erica said...

I'm still trying to lose about 10 pounds so you're way ahead of me since John's 2 already!

Call me if you want to go running! I'm working on my 5k!

Molly said...

Congratulations! Your work out schedule is impressive! What a rockstar!

katy said...

congrats Megan, that's awesome! You know you get a year to take it off before you can't call it "baby weight" right? that's the rule I heard :) so you have another 5 months for those last few extra ones - it will be a snap ... although I agree I don't think you need it!