Thursday, January 17

Project Uninspired

Normally I hesitate to write at work. Write for this, I mean. Obviously I have to write at work; it is a large part of my job. But today I am just not doing much, so the blog-writing has commenced. I’ve only been in my new position for a week and a half, and I’m still learning the ropes. (They’re not big on training here.) And today, my manager is out because his daughter is at the hospital getting some kind of tests done, and my co-editor is also out because her car is being fixed. Which leaves me to my lonesome and my lack of things to do.

So I’m writing about something I’ve been thinking about writing about (whoa, too many “abouts” in this sentence and I’m only halfway done) for awhile, but I haven’t yet written about it because I’m afraid it will be dull (because it has no story arc) or that you will think I am lame. That really makes you excited for this, doesn’t it? I can tell you are on the edge of your seat. No, wait! Don’t click away to another page! My Google Analytics page loves it when I get visitors!

Where was I? Oh yes, my potentially lame subject matter: The Project Runway fantasy game. It’s like fantasy football, sort of. Except no sports involved. Only Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn and their fabulous team of fashion designers. It works like this: I pick three designers to be on my team. I can change up my team each week. I earn points if any of my three designers does something noteworthy, like cry, get bleeped, win the challenge, get in a fight with another designer, have sewing machine troubles, etc. I lose points if anyone on my team loses the challenge and gets eliminated. It is different than fantasy football in that anyone in the country can have the same designers on her team.

I have a Project Runway team (I bet you didn’t see that coming, did you?) and after several weeks of episodes, I am realizing that I suck at this game. This is the first season I’ve ever really watched Project Runway. I’ve seen it before, but only the reruns Bravo shows constantly. After last night’s episode, I am in 2,723rd place. Sweet, huh? My team includes Ricky, Jillian, and Christian. I got 12 points in last night’s episode: -1 because they told Ricky his piece was poorly constructed, 2 points for Jillian having trouble with her sewing machine, 2 for Tim telling Jillian to “carry on,” 6 points for Christian winning the challenge, and 3 points for Christian getting bleeped three times (you can always count on Christian for this). The leaderboards show that the winning team this week included Christian, Chris, and Sweet P for a potential 25 points.

Why do I never pick the right team? If I came in first, I could win a Tim Gunn bobblehead! And who wouldn’t love one of those? So this a cry for help—if any of you watch Project Runway and have insight on who you think will win/cry/cuss/fight etc., let me know. I might even share my bobblehead with you.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I think that Rami and Victoria are sure bets. I don't think that Kit should have been out last week. Sweet P is too hit or miss and Ricky has never done anything very noteworthy.