Sunday, July 27

A mix, a grab bag, a mélange—a smorgasbord, if you will.

I checked my blog today to see if it had been updated. It hadn’t. So I thought I ought to do something about that. Clearly it is too hot today to do much actual thinking, so I’ll just give you updates on sundry things I’ve been discussing lately.

Such as . . .

The House. We took Saturday off and I got to sleep in. LATE. It was glorious. But today we worked a bit. Mark and Stan mudded the walls while Andrew and I sanded the ceiling. Did I mention how much I hate sanding? Sanding the ceiling is at least seven times worse than sanding the walls, because you have to hold your arms over your head and the dust falls directly in your face. Fortunately, I have a wonderful Andrew, and he did at least 80 percent of the work. Because I am Whiny.

My Hair. I found a new stylist, and she is fab. She was recommended to me by my mother-in-law, and though I was warned to not go to her because I might end up with “mom hair,” I gave it the ol’ college try. And I’m glad I did, because my hair is super cute (if I do say so myself). If any of you are looking for a stylist, go see Carly at International Hair & Day Spa (913.341.1717). I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Umm . . . I can’t think of anything else you ought to be updated on. Sad. No, wait! I’ve got one: Facebook. I think I like it. I’ve grown accustomed to its face (me: ha! its face! because it’s facebook! you: *head explodes*) (also, did you catch that My Fair Lady reference? We totally saw that movie on Friday at the Free Friday Night movie at Crown Center). Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, I think I like being on Facebook. For instance, I’m learning all sorts of things about people I went to high school with, and I didn’t even have to speak to them. Like one guy is working for Google, and another guy has a blog that uses all kinds of computery words I don’t even know. I enjoy it. Even if I lost my first game of Scrabulous.

That’s all the updates you get. I’m off to the gym. I’m trying to get in three more workouts before we leave for Florida. Did I tell you we’re going to Florida? And that Austin will be there? I’m just so stinking excited. I heart aunthood.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Austin hearts his aunt Megan and Uncle Andrew!

Can't wait to see you two in a few days!

Anonymous said...

You like facebook? I knew you would come around eventually!