Wednesday, March 26

Do you have the time?

Oh, never mind. I do. It's a little after 9:00 in the evening. And has anyone seen my husband? Oh, wait. That's right. He is still at work. He's kicking off his 14th hour of the day. Seriously.

Not that I am complaining. Just sharing, mostly. I got my complaining over with the last time he worked late late late every night. I called him around 7:00 and asked when he thought he'd be home, and he said that he might just stay there all night and keep working. For just a second, I thought he was joking. That Andrew, what a kidder, I thought. But he was not joking. He was (still is, actually) considering working through the night until he completes whatever it is that he is doing. I suggested that if he does that, he ought to at least then come home and get some sleep, rather than just stay at the office until 5:00 tomorrow evening. I'm really not sure if he had considered the possibility of getting any sleep at all.

And this whole thing pretty much sums up the difference between me and him. Today, Andrew got to work at 7:30am and will be there working hard until . . . and I got to work this morning around 8:45, and then it was a super slow day, so I left about 4:45. Who comes across as worse, the workaholic or the lazy whore?

No comments: