Monday, February 25

Two Finalists

This afternoon Andrew and I went car shopping. We planned to go last week, but it snowed. Again. (I am getting pretty sick of this weather. I wish it would just quit being gross and cold, but the weather refuses. Andrew and I had a bet going last week. He said that it wasn't going to snow anymore this season, and I said Ha Ha Ha! And then it snowed. And then I won $100 from Andrew.) Where was I? Oh. Car shopping.

The best part about going car shopping was that I took off work to do it. I love not being at work. Don't get me wrong; I love my job. I just love not being there more (and still being paid for it--that is key). Andrew and I went to lunch and spent the afternoon together. Since he's been so busy lately with school and work, it was lovely spending some time just hanging out. You know, driving around, cruising the streets of Johnson County with a car salesperson in the backseat. . . what could be more romantic?

We still haven't decided on which car to buy, but I think we're down to two finalists: the Nissan Versa and the Mazda 3 hatchback. Or I think that's what the Mazda is. I get all their numbers mixed up. The cars are fairly similar. Both small hatchbacks, with fairly comparable price points. The best parts of the Nissan are the excellent gas mileage, the built-in bluetooth phone system, and the fact that the Nissan dealership gives free (NO CHARGE!) oil changes for life (FOREVER!). The best parts of the Mazda are the comfort, the slightly larger size, and the general feel and awesomeness of the car. I would be happy with either car. More importantly, Andrew would be happy with either. It's just a matter of deciding which is best for him.

Cross your fingers that Andrew doesn't pick a red car. If he does, the po po will always be tryin' to catch him ridin' dirty.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Since it snowed again tonight (monday) does that mean you get another $100?

P.S. I'm getting a new car in a month, I think I'm going with the MazdaSpeed 6. No real help to you guys there, but I can at least tell you through all my research that people seem to be happy with their Mazdas.